In May 1942, Hitler ordered that 40 Lorraine Schlepper chassis be converted to mount a 15cm sFH for use in North Africa. The superstructure came from Alkett and assembly was done in Paris.3 In July 78 more were made available and Keitel ordered 30 to be fitted with the 15cm SFH at Krefeld while the remainder were to become Panzerjäger and 15cm sFH. In May 1942, 60 10.5cm leFH18/4 were ordered to be mounted on the Lorraine Schlepper, but only 12 were completed.
The 150 mm had a range of 9,432 yards.2 The 90 lb HE shell had a muzzle velocity of 1,250'/sec.2
The rear suspension was strengthened to handle the placement of a gun mount in the cargo area.3 A spade was place in the rear of the 15cm FH13 conversion to assist in stabilizing the vehicle when it fired.3
10.5cm le FH 18 auf GW Lorraine Schlepper (f): Had 10.5 cm howitzer placed at rear of chassis.4
Geschützwagen-Lorraine für 15 cm S.F.H. 13, SdKfz 135/1; 15cm sFH 13 Selbstfahrlafette Lorraine SdKfz 135/1; 15cm sFH 13 auf GWLrS(f): 15cm sFH 13 installed in a armored superstructure at the rear of the tank.4 A spade, at the rear of the vehicle, was lowered when firing.4
Ten Lorraine Schlepper 15cm FH13s were issued to Panzerartillerie Abteilung of the 21st Panzer Division in North Africa in July 1942.3 Eleven were issued to the 15th Panzer Division.3 Used at the Battle of El Alemein.2 By November 1942 all had been destroyed or captured.3
There were 54 15cm FH13s and 37 10.5cm FH18s were in service on June 6, 1944, on the Western Front.3